Thursday, February 23, 2006

It has been a while since I've posted to this Blog.

A few people have been wondering if I had died or not. No, I am very much alive. Life has been interfering with movie-going. Between being quite tired after work and trying to walk for exercise, and actually taking a VACATION with the family to Disneyland, I have been quite busy indeed!

Oscar Nominations were announced, and in my previous post my predictions were 4/5s accurate (Unless you count my wildcard, then I was 100% accurate). The Nomination that I wasn't sure about was the Best Picture nod for CRASH. When the picture was first released I thought it would be a shoe-in, but in the past, the Academy Members have had short memories for pictures that were released early in the year. This is why, if your wondering, that most of the pictures that want to be considered for nominations are released towards the END of the year.

The other nominations were expected. This looks like the year Brokeback Mountain will win best picture, and it is very well deserved.

In the some of the other categories, I think the winners will be:

Best Actor - Philip Seymour Hoffman for Capote

Best Actress - Felicity Huffman for Transamerica

Supporting Actor - George Clooney for Syriana

Supporting Actress - Rachel Weisz for Constant Gardener

Those are my predictions, so feel free to use them and win your Oscar Pools!


A Killer of a movie..
I went to see Final Destination 3. It was the middle of the afternoon, and I was bored. I'm sorry I did. It was horrible. the "gore" wasn't, and I almost fell asleep during it. I can't think of a single redeeming factor for the movie. F-

Things are slowing down for me now, and I'm out of Vacation mode. I'll try and post more frequently.

No comments: