Monday, March 06, 2006

First off, sorry for anyone

who took my Oscar picks like they were gospel.

I was many of the people that entered Oscar pools, and although I posted my top *6* choices on here, I had to make picks in all 19 categories for the pools. My Record this year: 15 right out 19.

Although I picked BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN as best picture, I'm satisfied with CRASH taking it. If you look back at my review of CRASH on here, you know how much I gushed over it. In my younger years, I would have had the moxy to pick CRASH and stick with it. This year, I went with the sentimental favourite, and got burned, like I think most everyone did.

Next year, I'll have learned my lesson, and will stick with my gut feeling.

Good film won, boring show overall. Jon Stewart is funny on The Daily Show, but I didn't think it translated for the Oscars.

No comments: