Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I have been eerily quiet

this past while, because of 2 reasons:

1) I haven't been able to get around all that well, since I have been having foot problems.

2) There hasn't been anything worth going out of my way to see lately.

No, wait.. I lie. I did go see THE WORLD'S FASTEST INDIAN starring Anthony Hopkins, and quite enjoyed it. Yes, it was a little cornball, but Anthony Hopkins performance made it watchable. The rest of the time I just stare at the movie listings, and think "What would I want to spend my hard earned money on?" The answer is nothing.

There was a point where I would go see anything, and not cared. I would just head to a theatre, find the movie that started closest to the time I went, and sit and turn off my brain for the running time of the film. These days, I haven't found anything worth doing that with.

This has bothered me. I'm worried that I have started to lose my love for cinema and film. This is something that I don't want to lose. What do you do when you get this way? How do you rekindle your love for films? I would like to know.

No comments: