Friday, May 27, 2005

When I come online, there are 2 sites

I check out religiously:

AICN (www.aintitcoolnews.com) where I read up on film things, like reports on screenings, rumours, etc.

The website that's promoting Peter Jackson's upcoming remake of KING KONG (http://www.kongisking.net/). The section I NEVER miss on this site are the Production and Post Production Diaries that Peter Jackson has been posting since the FIRST day of shooting. These Video Blogs are the most informative looks into the filmmaking process I've seen. If you start with the Day 1 diary, you will have easily over 3 HOURS of material to sift through. They are fascinating viewing if you are interested in the filmmaking process.

I'm also glancing over what's opening this week in theatres, and have discovered the ONLY film that's caught my interest is CINDERELLA MAN, which has a sneak preview this Sunday night. I'm always leary about going to sneak previews, because if the movie is good, Then I've seen it, and I don't have anything to see when the movie officially opens.

This week, THE LONGEST YARD starring Adam Sandler just makes me impatient for the DVD of the 1974 original starring Burt Reynolds. Even thought I KNOW that the Sandler version will more than likely be #1 at the Box Office after the American Memorial day weekend, There's no interest on my part to run out and see it.

So, tell me.. What sites do you visit religiously when you come online? What movies are you looking forward to this summer, and WHY?

No comments: