Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I saw the 40 year old

Virgin many times back in May when I walked by the line-up for the midnight showing of REVENGE OF THE SITH. Imagine my surprise when I found out that they had made a MOVIE with the same title!

The story is pretty simple. Steve Carell plays a guy that hasn't had sex yet. He tried in high school, but failed. After he admits to some guys he works with at a poker game that he "hasn't done the deed", his new friends make it their mission to get him laid.

The movie has its moments, but like the majority of the films that have come out this summer, it begins to lose steam near the end. The movie succeeds because of Steve Carrell, who should have a pretty good career lined up, if he doesn't screw it up somehow. He's already pegged to play Maxwell Smart in the Big Screen version of Get Smart, and recently signed up to star in the sequel to BRUCE ALMIGHTY, tentativly called EVAN ALMIGHTY.

40 Year Old Virgin - C

The Trailer for the first movie I'm looking forward to finally has a trailer. Phillip Seymour Hoffman is playing Truman Capote in a Biopic of Capote while he was writing IN COLD BLOOD. The cast is solid, and I thought I'd close the blog with a link to the trailer, so you can see the first nominee for this year's oscar's race in action.

No comments: