Friday, August 19, 2005

In my neck of the woods, there is a

Local site that gives show times for all the theatres in town. It's easy enough to use, and I find it quite handy.

The site doesn't ask the theatre chains to advertise, it just lists the show times for the theatres, and it gets its advertising revenue in other ways. One of the major theatre chains got quite upset at this site, and asked that they stop using their logo on it. The situation got quite ugly, and finally the logo was removed under threat of legal action.

The theatre chain, which shall remain nameless, contended that this local site was taking traffic away from their official site, and stopping people from getting showtimes from there. They had spent a lot of time developing their website, and have advertising agreements with other venues as well. A site that gave away the information for FREE was bad.

Now, I'm not gonna take sides either way. I'm sure both sides have their reasons, and well, that's what freedom of thought etc. is all about. It does however have me want to ask a question. Since I've just learned HOW to do this, I think I'll make it a Poll...

So, here is the FIRST poll for my blog:











Where do you get your movie listings from?
Local Movie Times Website
Theatre Chains official website
Newspaper
Other



Free polls from Pollhost.com

This is totally unscientific, but it's a question I've been pondering lately.

No comments: